CMS awards $347 million to Hospital Improvement and Innovation Networks to continue progress toward a safer health care system
Hospital Improvement and Innovation Networks to continue patient safety improvement efforts started under the Partnership for Patients initiative.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) awarded $347 million to 16 national, regional, or state hospital associations, Quality Improvement Organizations, and health system organizations to continue efforts in reducing hospital-acquired conditions and readmissions in the Medicare program.
The 16 organizations (listed in alphabetical order) receiving contracts in the Hospital Improvement and Innovation Networks are:
- Carolinas Healthcare System
- Dignity Health
- Healthcare Association of New York State
- The Health Research and Educational Trust of the American Hospital Association
- Health Research and Educational Trust of New Jersey
- Health Services Advisory Group
- The Hospital and Healthsystem Association of Pennsylvania
- Iowa Healthcare Collaborative
- Michigan Health & Hospital Association (MHA) Health Foundation
- Minnesota Hospital Association
- Ohio Children’s Hospitals’ Solutions for Patient Safety
- Ohio Hospital Association
- Premier, Inc.
- Vizient, Inc.
- Washington State Hospital Association
In the complete press release posted on the CMS Newsroom you can find quotes from CMS’ acting principal deputy administrator and chief medical officer Patrick Conway, M.D., Rick Pollack, president and CEO of the American Hospital Association (AHA) and Debra L. Ness, President of the National Partnership for Women & Families. You will also find a summary of new goals set for the Hospital Improvement and Innovation Networks and a list of learning collaboratives and initiatives to address a wide variety of topics. The press release is posted here: https://www.cms.gov/Newsroom/MediaReleaseDatabase/Press-releases/2016-Press-releases-items/2016-09-29.html
For more information on this announcement, please visit: https://www.cms.gov/Newsroom/MediaReleaseDatabase/Fact-sheets/2016-Fact-sheets-items/2016-09-29-2.html.