Join us for our next National Learning & Action Network (LAN) Call, Unleashing the Power of Data! This session in the Sharing Knowledge, Improving Health Care Series is open to QIN-QIOs, partners, providers, and beneficiaries.
Tuesday, November 3, 2015
3:00-4:00 PM ET
Registration is required!
Register at http://qualitynet.webex.com/tc
- Click on the “Upcoming” tab
- Locate the National LAN Call on November 3, 2015
- Click “Register”
Dowload the documents for today's call here:
· Describe key elements to help you succeed in the data-driven healthcare landscape
· Identify available data from your QIN-QIO and other sources of data that you can use now
· Explain how you can leverage data to help achieve desired change within your team or organization
Meet the Speakers:
Jeneen Iwugo, MPA
CMS/Center for Clinical Standards & Quality
Stephen Jencks, MD, MPH
Consultant in Healthcare Safety
Sara Butterfield, RN, BSN, CPHQ
Beth Hennessey, RN, BSN, MSN,
Anne Myrka, RPh, BS, Pharm, MAT
Donna Whitam, RN, BSN
ArchCare at Ferncliff
The purpose of this session is to prepare healthcare quality improvement professionals to develop a plan to collect and analyze data to identify gaps in care or processes, and, to track their team or organization’s progress over time using data. As a result, we expect they will be confident in their ability to demonstrate and promote successes under the 11th SOW and identify opportunities for improvement, all of which promote advances in care that impact the Medicare beneficiaries served by this work.Outcome Statement:
Continuing Education for CPHQs
This program has been approved by the National Association for Healthcare Quality for 1 CPHQ continuing education hours.
Continuing Education for NHAs
This educational offering has been reviewed by the National Continuing Education Review Service (NCERS) of the National Association of Long Term Care Administrator Boards (NAB) and approved for 1.00 clock hours.
Continuing Education for Registered Nurses
MetaStar, Inc. is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Wisconsin Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Provider Number: 0186-008. MetaStar, Inc. is the provider of nursing contact hours meeting ANCC-COA/WNA requirements in a joint provider partnership with Telligen.
1.0 contact hour will be awarded to registered nurses for successful completion, achieved with completion of an on-line evaluation and attendance attestation.
Neither the planners nor faculty for this activity disclosed any relevant relationships with commercial interests. This activity is NOT commercially supported.
Instructions for Obtaining CE Credit:
1) Register for the session in advance
2) Attend the session in full
3) Complete the post-activity evaluation
4) Select the appropriate certificate
National Learning & Action Network Follow-up Event
Tuesday, December 15, 2015
3:00-4:00 PM ET
This session in the Sharing Knowledge, Improving Health Care Series is open to QIN-QIOs, partners, providers, and beneficiaries. This session is intended to follow up with participants on how you left the November National LAN Call in action. During the November call, Dr. Stephen Jencks proposed the following call to action to all participants:
- Create an action plan! Identify an opportunity for improvement and a way to capture data related to the improvement you hope to achieve. Reflect and understand what the data you capture is telling you. (Setting a date to have a meeting to plan how to develop an action plan does not meet this requirement.)
- Check out the tools shared during the call and complete one of the templates provided: http://qioprogram.org/national-learning-action-network-series (the recording and call materials are also located here).
- Share your action plan, completed PDSA or logic model worksheet, or a summary of your quality improvement project with the QIN NCC (email to Nikki.Racelis@qinncc.hcqis.org), and you could be featured on a future national LAN event!
During this session, there will be a 25-minute facilitated discussion with the presenters from the November National LAN Call. Additionally, we will highlight a call to action submission by Alliant Quality!