Over 3,000 attendees are expected at the 2019 Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Quality Conference, including a variety of health care quality stakeholders attending to gain valuable insights from engaging presentations. The following is a list of tips to help maximize your in-person or virtual conference experience:
1. Follow the conference social media ambassadors on Twitter.
Various organizations have established a social media ambassador to post updates, photos and insights from the conference on Twitter. Follow along by using the hashtag #CMSQualCon19 or by following the @QIOProgram account. Learn more about the ambassadors here.
2. Visit the social media help desk.
If you’re looking for help with social media, engaging with the social media ambassadors or posting about the conference, stop by the help desk located on the second floor next to registration.
3. Download the Quality Conference App.
Through the app, attendees will receive real-time updates, share thoughts through polls and network with other attendees. Download the app here (coming soon).
4. Watch the livestream.
If you are unable to attend the conference in person, you can still participate by visiting the CMS Quality Conference website each morning to watch the plenary sessions in real time.
5. Sign up for and read QIO News.
Sign up here to receive QIO News via email, including our February 2019 issue, with highlights and takeaways from the conference. All year long, QIO News provides news, success stories from the CMS Quality Improvement Organization Program, event announcements and other updates. In 2019, we’ll explore critical editorial themes like opioid misuse prevention, rural health, care transitions and reducing health disparities.
6. Earn Continuing Education Credits by enrolling in Master Classes.
These six brief educational workshops on diverse topics, to be held on Wednesday, January 30, will be presented by leading subject matter experts. Learn more and register here (coming soon).
7. Watch daily video recaps.
Video recaps from the previous day’s events will be posted to the QIO Program YouTube channel. Click on the Subscribe button to receive notifications when the videos go live.
8. Tour the Gallery Walk.
The Gallery Walk will be located on the second floor near the registration area. Poster presentations will take place on Wednesday, January 30 from 1:30 - 2:30 p.m. Take time to browse the posters featuring fellow attendees’ programs and initiatives.
9. Connect with new partners.
The conference will have a wide array of attendees from different areas of health care quality improvement. There is an opportunity to collaborate with partners and peers who are outside of your typical network and share insights from the conference. Be sure to engage in one-on-one or small group discussions or connect with your fellow attendees on LinkedIn to extend the conversation beyond the conference.
10. Join us for future events and sharing opportunities.
There are several ways to stay engaged with CMS quality programs and continue the discussion throughout the year:
- Health care providers can sign up to attend free monthly virtual training webinars hosted by the National Coordinating Center for Quality Innovation Network-Quality Improvement Organizations. To learn more, contact QINNCC@area-d.hcqis.org.
- Suggest a tool or share a story with the Campaign for Meds Management to help identify and promote resources, techniques and interventions for patients, caregivers and providers. Learn more here.