Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Quality Improvement (QI) Voices: Improving COVID-19 Outcomes in Nursing Homes Across America is an audio series that gives you a closer look at the projects and the people who are improving health care quality and outcomes. These brief conversations include detailed show notes for even more insights into the process behind health care quality improvement – and how you might adapt these to your own organization.
Nursing home staff play a critical role in preventing COVID-19 spread and mortality in long-term care facilities. In this episode, learn about the infection prevention barriers staff face and what they need to continue doing to be successful in preventing the spread of COVID-19.
Access resources for this episode:
- Comagine Health Hand Hygiene Observation Tool
- Comagine Health Quick Guide to Infection Prevention for Residents with Dementia
- Comagine Health Quick Guide for Engaging Residents and Families with Infection Prevention Practices in Long-Term Care
- Comagine Health Quick Guide to Conversations that Promote Vaccine Confidence
- Comagine Health Quick QAPI Calendar
- Comagine Health Driving Clinical Excellence in Unstable Times: Big Impact, Small Effort
- Comagine Health Stay Interviews
- Comagine Health Half-Hour Hot Topic: Boosting Your Mental Health During a Crisis
- Comagine Health Half-Hour Hot Topic: Recharging Compassion and Minimizing Burnout