This roundtable video produced by Superior Health Quality Alliance is a virtual learning and networking series that supports nursing homes across Michigan, Minnesota and Wisconsin was developed for nursing home leadership, nursing home administrators, directors of nursing and infection preventionists and any interested nursing home staff to help increase education around emerging regulatory and clinical guidance, sharing best practices and engage in discussion around nursing home priority issues such as vaccinations and quality improvement approaches. The calls, held on the second and fourth Wednesday of the month, will provide didactic education followed by open discussion and Q&A on any nursing-home related topic.
This video/roundtable, Pneumococcal Vaccines, Pneumonia and Resident Care will focus on the following topics:
- Understanding and defining the difference between pneumonia and pneumococcal disease
- The difference between community acquired and hospital acquired pneumonia
- New options available for diagnosing and treating pneumonia
- Streptococcus Pneumoniae, the diseases it causes and their impact
- Understanding the different historical types of pneumococcal vaccinations
- Understand and utilize the current vaccination guidelines from the CDC and use the state registries and select the proper vaccination for residents/patients