Topic: Campaign for Meds Management Phase 2 Kick-off: Impact of a Hospital-to-Community Pharmacist Med Management Intervention
Date: Thursday, May 25, 2017
This Medication Safety Quality Improvement Organizations.(LAN) Event was open to beneficiaries, families, healthcare providers, practitioners, partners, and Quality Innovation Network-
This Medication Safety Learning & Action Network (LAN) Event was on the topic “Campaign for Meds Management Phase 2 Kick-off: Impact of a Hospital-to-Community Pharmacist Med Management Intervention.” This session unveiled Phase 2 of the Campaign for Meds Management (CMM), in addition to featuring Karen Pellegrin, PhD, MBA, who shared information about a unique medication management intervention, the Pharm2Pharm model of care. Pharm2Pharm is a system of medication management services provided by trained hospital and community pharmacists who serve high-risk individuals from hospitalization through transition to home. This model has demonstrated a reduction in medication-related hospitalization rates and a significant return on investment.
- Understand the value of the Pharm2Pharm (hospital pharmacy to community pharmacy medication management) to patients, providers, and health systems.
- Identify at least two Pharm2Pharm training and utilization resources.
- Apply the Pharm2Pharm model of care to alternative high-risk populations.
Slides & Recorded Presentation:
Meet the Speakers:
Medication Safety Lead
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
Risa Hayes, CPC
Telligen, QIN NCC
Karen Pellegrin, PhD, MBA
University of Hawaii at Hilo
- Reductions in Medication-Related Hospitalizations in Older Adults with Medication Management by Hospital and Community Pharmacists:A Quasi-Experimental Study
- Online CPE training
- Clinical Pharmacist templates: PDF | Word
- Pharm2Pharm Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Descriptions about the Pharm2Pharm interventions from providers and patients