Topic: Addressing Disparities: Best Practices for Communicating about Accomplishments in Health Equity
Date: Wednesday, December 12, 2018
This event was open to beneficiaries, families, healthcare providers, practitioners, partners, and Quality Innovation Network-Quality Improvement Organizations.
You deserve recognition for your accomplishments in health equity! Celebrating accomplishments can help to motivate teams, sustain progress, and spur others into action if you communicate in an accurate, sensitive, and impactful way. In this event, experts in communications and health equity offered strategies for sharing success stories, including communications advice specific to disparities and health equity.
- Be able to identify success that are worth sharing
- Describe two general strategies for effective communication about successes
- Discuss additional strategies for communicating about health equity successes
Slides & Recorded Presentation:
- Click here for the slides for this event.
- Stay tuned for the recorded presentation.
Meet the Speakers:
Alexa Newlin, MA
Program Collaboration Center - Integrated Communications (PCC-IC)
Melanie Wasserman, PhD
The Lewin Group/QIN NCC
Brenda Jenkins, RN, D.Ay., CDOE, CPEHR, PCMH CCE
Senior Program Administrator
Healthcentric Advisors/New England QIN-QIO
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, Cargen E, and Westen D (2010). A New Way to Talk about the Social Determinants of Health. https://www.rwjf.org/en/library/research/2010/01/a-new-way-to-talk-about-the-social-determinants-of-health.html
- Thomspon, D, ed. (2016). Why Frames Matter. Chapter 5 in Framing the Dialog on Race and Ethnicity to Advance Health Equity, National Academies of Science, Health and Medicine Division. https://www.nap.edu/read/23576/chapter/6