Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Quality Improvement (QI) Voices: Improving COVID-19 Outcomes in Nursing Homes Across America is an audio series that gives you a closer look at the projects and the people who are improving health care quality and outcomes. These brief conversations include detailed show notes for even more insights into the process behind health care quality improvement – and how you might adapt these to your own organization.
In this episode, learn from John Farley, MD, MPH from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and Meg Sullivan, MD, MPH from the Administration for Strategic Preparedness and Response (ASPR) about the risks, benefits and common side effects of these treatments.
Access resources for this episode:
- National Institutes of Health COVID-19 Treatment Guidelines
- University of Liverpool COVID-19 Drug Interactions
- FDA Fact Sheets for COVID-19 Therapeutics
- FDA Paxlovid Patient Eligibility Screening Checklist Tool for Prescribers
- ASPR Website
- ASPR COVID-19 Therapeutics Resources
- CDC Health Alert Network: Important Updates on COVID-19 Therapeutics for Treatment and Prevention (December 20, 2022)